Anyway to get my files back

I got my website taken down because I was hosting a chat, but I a lot of other files on there that I need. Is there anyway to get those files back?
I couldn’t find any other place to contact about this. :neutral_face:

hello,

yes you did - you submitted a ticket, please wait for an answer. Your account is by the way suspended, no one claimed that your data is gone forever.

ciao

Okay thanks, I wasn’t sure if that ticket was a contact tool or not. :slight_smile:

What is wrong with having a Chat btw? And i lost my information to, and there are things on that i really need :o.

Write a support ticket and ask for reactivation. By registering for the service you accepted the Terms of Service, which state clearly that software like Chats and Shoutboxes are not allowed if they are hosted at bplaced because they use too much ressources (MySQL Traffic, etc…). You read and understood the ToS before accepting them, of course… :slight_smile:

Greetz :wink2:

Chats are excessively bandwidth and resource intensive, I think this is forbidden because it would be unfair for other users to limit their websites because you have a chat script.

1, get an IRC
2, get a chat via nodejs (something I’m experimenting with right now as well)

there is but one reason - such software consumes too many open sockets to the server, nothing else.

there is but one reason - such software consumes too many open sockets to the server, nothing else.[/quote]
Thats a first I heard of that, how does that work ?

hello,

every text message entered or the client-side refresh to figure out whether a text was submitted by other chat partners requires a check at the server. this is done via opening a socket, which is usually done pretty much often (e.g. once a second). 5 people chatting means 5 requests per second, in an average case - there are worse. this is too much in my opinion, hence chats are prohibited.

ciao