Malware hosted on bplaced.net servers? OpenDNS reporting

Hi there!
I’ve been wondering for a while now why my newly set up website is being blocked
by OpenDNS.com for malware reasons.
Therefore I’ve contacted the customer support of OpenDNS.com and today I got the
following reply via email:

[quote]Hi,

You will need to contact the host provider of bplaced.net, as they are hosting the following malware file on several directories on the servers.

drive_by/mute/mute-2013—*.txt

Daniel Gifford
Customer Support Manager
OpenDNS.com[/quote]

Can anybody tell me what this is about or how I could possibly solve this issue?

Cheers
Phil

hello Phil

thanks for the info, I’ll try to figure this out.

ciao

If you want me to ask them for further information please let me know and I’ll
contact the customer support again.

Anyways, thanks for your reply so far :slight_smile:

hello Phil

OpenDNS reports that any issues were already resolved, this appears to be some report from within the past days, but since bplaced responds pretty much fast to any abuse tickets it did not last long.

ciao

Hi there,

once again thank you for your support!

Unfortunately I have to say that the domain is still being blocked
by OpenDNS for the same reason.
I also tried several different ways of clearing my cache and still I
can’t reach my site… :neutral_face:

Cheers
Phil

hello Phil

OpenDNS clearly stated that there is no ban on any domain.

Could you please make a screenshot of that error and send it to my e-mail (see company contact on bottom at bplaced.net)? I would like to forward that to their tech support.

ciao

Thanks a lot!

Email has just been sent. Attached you will find the screenshot.

Cheers!

hello Phil

I received a recommendation to purge the dns cache or the browser cache - there is clearly no entry for any of our domains within the network. It is probably your browser displaying cached/outdated content :slight_smile:

ciao

Hi!

Thanks again for replying to my concern.

Again, I both purged my DNS cache (via cmd: ipconfig/flushdns) and the cache
of my respective browsers. Still I have to say that the respective domain is being
blocked by OpenDNS for the very same reason.

Is there anything else I could check or pay attention to?

Cheers
Phil

hello Phil

well, not really. I understand that this appears to be a local issue, opendns clearly states that there is no listing. Please contact their support for further assistance, maybe they are able to trace this issue.

ciao