Connexion MYSQL

Hello, I don’t find the hostname of bplaced in order to connect my mysql database to my web site.

What is the name of the server ?

Thanks

The server name is “localhost”

Regards

Mike Connor

In fact i use codeigniter, a MVC framework, and in the databse.php, i need to precise the hostname, the username, the password, the dbdriver …
do you mean that the hostname is “localhost” ???

it is strange because the database is not on my computer !!

The hostname for the databases here is always localhost.

“localhost” does not refer to your computer, it refers to the bplaced server where the database is located.

Regards

Mike Connor

ok so the hostname is localhost according to you, but where i precise the name of “placed”. DO you have an exemple of php file with a remote connection to my database ?

tks

In the code , i have put :

$db[‘default’][‘hostname’] = “localhost”;
$db[‘default’][‘username’] =
$db[‘default’][‘password’] =
$db[‘default’][‘database’] =
$db[‘default’][‘dbdriver’] = “mysql”;

and i have the error :

A Database Error Occurred
Unable to connect to your database server using the provided settings.

<?php // Test.config.php written at Sun July 27 12:30:46 2008 $TestConfig = array( 'mysql_host' => 'localhost', //"localhost" is the actual name of the server at bplaced. 'mysql_database' => 'YourDBname', 'mysql_user' => 'YourDBname', 'table_prefix' => 'Test_', 'root_page' => 'HomePage', 'site name" => 'sitename', 'base_url' => 'http://www.yourname.bplaced.net/yourDirectory/', 'mysql_password' => 'yourPassword', The above is the part of a PHP file which defines the necessary data. Regards Mike Connor

Thanks it is ok !!!

My pleasure.

Regards

Mike Connor