Remote login to my PostgreSQL database

Hi to everyone,

I have problems connecting remotely thru pgAdmin III to my PostgreSQL database account.
Local connection is working properly using phpPgAdmin 4.1.3 from phppgadmin.MyWebpage.bplaced.net/ but all this doesn’t work remotely.

I use those types of login data for connection (certainly I will not reveal my real login detail):
SERVER: myWebpage.bplaced.net/
Database name: myWebpage_database
Username: ‘the same like Database name’
Password: mYpassword
Port: 5432

Here are some screenshots with connections settings for pgAdmin.

Thanks in advanced.

I guess the problem is that you can only connect to the database via the webspace, external connections aren’t possible. If it’s the same like for MySQL, the server should be „localhost“.

Greetings :wink2:

Thanks a lot!

damn …. what luck I have, first I’ve done the application then check the remote database server.

There should be loads of database hosters on the web, i guess you’ll find something decent after a bit of googl’ing around :wink:

Greetings :wink2:

[quote=“Mgier”]There should be loads of database hosters on the web, i guess you’ll find something decent after a bit of googl’ing around :wink:
[][/quote]but it ain’t easy to find a good/working one^^

yes, you are right and i found only 2 Mysql servers… after all morning search (only after registering i’ve notice that most of them are running on localhost).

But in the end 2 of them had been with success …
I’ve create the tables and now i make a backup … for more then half an hour and i’m not sure if 5% is done.