External domain name - which tld, where and how?

I am planning to get an external domain name registered.

I have a few questions:

1. Can I have a domain name like myname.me or must it be a .com, .net, .org?
  2. Do I need to have my domain hosted with one of the DNS Hosting providers like no-ip.org, or dns.afraid.org, or can I directly add it as external domain?
  3. I am specifically looking for a no-hassles-solution, one which has proven to be easily configured to point to bplaced.net. Will GoDaddy.com a good choice?
  4. Any recommendations which domain registrator?

Tx

I really advice you to NOT go with godaddy, they are terrible.

Any domain name should be possible as long as you can set a CNAME or A DNS record or change the nameserver.

bplaced does not offer DNS hosting. If your domain does not come with a DNS server, you’ll have to find your own. This list has some links to free DNS services.

So, I will need a domain name registered, and have that domain on one of these DNS servers, and then add this domain name as external domain to my bplaced hosting?

Do I understand that right?

I am really at a loss with all this domain stuff:
I have been looking on the internet, and I found united-domains.de/
why is it that they charge 33 Euros/year for a .me domain and godaddy only ~ 6 Euro.

I understand, there must be differences? But I dont understand what, and for what I have to look for?

Can someone enlighten me?

[quote=“mradlmaier”]So, I will need a domain name registered, and have that domain on one of these DNS servers, and then add this domain name as external domain to my bplaced hosting?

Do I understand that right?[/quote]
That’s it. But there is also the possibility that your domain registrar offers you the DNS server so you won’t need your own.